Orientation week in Jack Simpson Gymnasium

Kinesiology Facility Bookings

We are pleased to offer a wide variety of facilities to book for any type of event or activity.

Facilities in Kinesiology

To view more information and photos, select a facility. Once you choose a space you would like to book, fill out the facility booking form below. 


Facility Booking Form

Please complete this form to book a gymnasium, studio, classroom or field in Kinesiology. See photos and descriptions above by selecting the space you are interested in, or we can provide a suggestion. 

CAPTCHA This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Do you have liability insurance?
Facility Type

Review Terms and Conditions for Bookings

By booking a facility, you agree to our rental Terms and Conditions. Please read them prior to booking a facility. 

  1. All cancellations and change requests must be received in writing via email. Once received, the booking will be cancelled from the Facility Bookings software system and will be open to all clients.
  2. Bookings which total $5,000 or less: Cancellation must be within 30 days before first booking, or the client will be charged a cancellation fee of 25%.
  3. Bookings which total $5,001 or more:
  • Cancellation must be within 90 days before first booking, or the client will be charged a cancellation fee of 25%.
  • If the cancellation is within 30 days before the first booking, the client will be charged a cancellation fee of 50%.
  • For cancellations less than 30 days before the first booking, the client will receive no refund.
  1. Event Agreements: Failure to provide payment in accordance with the payment schedule set out in the Event Agreement will result in cancellation fees as set in the Event Agreement, and cancellation of the booking.
  2. Partial Cancellations/Change Requests: If a booking is changed or partially cancelled it is subject to a $25.00 administration fee, unless negotiated otherwise in an Event Agreement. The cancellation fees set out in 2, 3 and 4 above will apply to change requests and partial cancellations.   
  3. The University of Calgary reserves the right to revise or cancel Facility Booking Permits and Event Agreements as required.
  1. Fees which total $5,000 or less: Full payment must be made 14 days after receiving the confirmed Facility Booking Permit or Event Agreement. *If the booking is within 14 days of the first booking, payment is due immediately.
  2. Fees totaling $5,001 or more: 25% must be paid within 14 days of receiving the Facility Booking Permit or Event Agreement, and the remaining 75% paid 90 days before the first booking. *If the booking is within 90 days of the first booking, full payment is due immediately.
  3. Event Agreements: the payment schedule will be attached to the Event Agreement and may be different from 1 and 2 above as negotiated with the Kinesiology Operations Manager or Oval Leadership Team.
  4. Payments can be made by credit card, cheque, cash, debit, or invoice.
    • In-person - credit, debit, cheque and cash payments can be made at the Kinesiology Facility Bookings office, and the Olympic Oval Guest Services Desk for Olympic Oval Facility Bookings.
    • Credit card payments can be made over the phone at 403-220-8510 Kinesiology bookings or 403-220-2831 Oval bookings.
    • Invoice – If the Client requests an invoice our staff will create an invoice and send an email copy of the invoice to the client. The client then pays the invoice through Central Finance.
  5. Failure to provide payment following the procedure in this Payment Policy or the payment schedule set out in the Event Agreement will result in cancellation of the booking.

For internal Kinesiology students, faculty and staff, find out about booking rooms, key access, maintenance requests and more.

MacEwan Hall

Book a space on campus

For all other spaces on campus that are not in the Faculty of Kinesiology, contact Conference and Event management. 

Contact us

The Kinesiology Operations team manage bookings, maintenance, repairs, general upkeep of the kinesiology complex, including event set up/take down, field maintenance, and much more.

For inquiries about booking a facility, please contact bookings@ucalgary.ca or 403-220-2831. To book a facility in the Olympic Oval, contact ovalbookings@ucalgary.ca. For all other inquiries, contact kinesops@ucalgary.ca or call 403-220-2831.