Flexible Grading in Kinesiology
Learn more about flexible grading or credit granted (CG) in the Faculty of Kinesiology.
How flexible grading works
- Flexible grades or Credit Granted (CG) are not permitted for the following Kinesiology courses:
- KNES 460 - Laboratory Practicum: Anatomy
- KNES 466 - Biomechanics Research Project
- KNES 490 - Interpretation of Research and Research Project
- Kinesiology students are permitted a maximum of 9 units CG in their degree. This maximum does not include Credit Received or CR grades. For more information, see the Undergraduate Grading System in the calendar.
- CG grades can be used towards a Kinesiology degree, as long as the course meets a requirement, and prerequisite for subsequent KNES courses.
- CG grade units will not be used towards the Faculty of Kinesiology Dean’s list calculation as stated in the Academic Calendar.
- CG grades may have impacts on applications to graduate and for professional programs. Please contact the school(s) to which you plan to apply for accurate information.
- CG grades may impact awards. Please contact the Awards office for accurate information.
- CG grades will not be reversed once they are approved and they are on the student record - students should carefully consider potential future impacts of selecting a CG grade before submitting their application.