Fees & Funding
Graduate financing in the Faculty of Kinesiology
All current tuition and fees are outlined in the Graduate Calendar. Tuition can change yearly, so check back regularly.
- Tuition fees are assessed yearly for thesis-based students and per course for course-based students.
- All students must also pay general fees, which are assessed annually or by semester, depending on the fee. You may be able to opt out of, or waive, some general fees if suitable paperwork is provided.
Funding a graduate education
Apply for all the funding that you are eligible for – even if you are in a thesis-based program with funding provided. As well as funding your education, scholarships are a notable achievement and submitting funding applications can help to develop and improve your writing.
Now Recruiting PhD Students
Recruiting PhD students
The Sport Injury Prevention Research Centre in the Faculty of Kinesiology is now accepting applications for PhD students to work under the supervision of Dr. Carolyn Emery in collaboration with other experts in the field.
Collaborate with a national research team focusing on injury prevention and/or concussion prevention, management and treatment strategies that will have important public health implications for best practice and policy in youth sport.
Interested applicants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org along with their CV.
Dean's Doctoral Scholarships
Two, Four-year PhD scholarships are now available in Kinesiology for Canadian and international students that have a related master’s degree.
Dr. Tyler Cluff, PhD, is looking for PhD student to conduct research in sensorimotor control and learning.
Dr. Meghan McDonough, PhD, is looking for a PhD student to examine social supports, social outcomes, inclusion and physical activity behaviour in older adults and/or cancer survivorship.
See more about the research, the award value, criteria and how to apply.
Present your research at national and international conferences. Awards are based on availability of funding and have a maximum value of $2,000.
July 2: award paid on July 25
October 1: award paid on Oct. 25
February 1: award paid on Feb. 25
May 1: award paid on May 25
How to apply
1. Complete the Presentation Award Application.
2. Attach documentation confirming your abstract has been accepted for presentation at an upcoming conference or proof you have already presented., such as a copy of the conference proceedings, a confirmation letter/email that your abstract has been accepted, etc.
3. Please email documents to email@example.com
Outstanding Presenter Awards
Outstanding Presenter Awards
These awards recognize graduate student success at national or international conferences.
Awards are based on availability of funding and have a maximum value of $1,000.
- July 2: award paid on July 25
- October 1: award paid on Oct. 25
- February 1: award paid on Feb. 25
- May 1: award paid on May 25
How to apply
1. Complete the Outstanding Presenter Award Application.
2. Attach documentation confirming that your poster/presentation was recognized as exceptional. This may be something like conference proceedings, confirmation email or certificate of recognition.
3. Please email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kinesiology Leadership Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes outstanding graduate student success and leadership within the Faculty of Kinesiology.
See the Terms of Reference.
Kinesiology Research Travel Award
This scholarship supports graduate students pursuing a national or international research experience by covering costs for travel and living expenses while away.
Faculty of Graduate Studies Travel Award
The awards are open to students registered full-time in a UCalgary graduate program who are presenting their work or research at major national and/or international conferences. The travel awards are funded by the Government of Alberta.
- live in Alberta and be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
- have confirmation of the presentation when applying to be considered
You are eligible for one award at the Master's level and one award at the PhD level Learn More.