Book a space by submitting a form to the Kinesiology Operations team.
Facility Booking Form
Submit this form to book a gym, studio, classroom or field. See photos and descriptions of the space you are interested in, or we can provide a suggestion.
Collection of personal information
Your personal information is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please visit our Access to Information page.
Guidelines to book a space in Kinesiology
If you are booking an athletic field or a classroom, gym, or studio space in the Kinesiology A or B building, please review the following guidelines.
- All cancellations and change requests must be received in writing via email. Once received, the booking will be cancelled from the Facility Bookings software system and will be open to all clients.
- Bookings which total $5,000 or less: Cancellation must be within 30 days before first booking, or the client will be charged a cancellation fee of 25%.
- Bookings which total $5,001 or more:
- Cancellation must be within 90 days before first booking, or the client will be charged a cancellation fee of 25%.
- If the cancellation is within 30 days before the first booking, the client will be charged a cancellation fee of 50%.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the first booking, the client will receive no refund.
- Event Agreements: Failure to provide payment in accordance with the payment schedule set out in the Event Agreement will result in cancellation fees as set in the Event Agreement, and cancellation of the booking.
- Partial Cancellations/Change Requests: If a booking is changed or partially cancelled it is subject to a $25.00 administration fee, unless negotiated otherwise in an Event Agreement. The cancellation fees set out in 2, 3 and 4 above will apply to change requests and partial cancellations.
- The University of Calgary reserves the right to revise or cancel Facility Booking Permits and Event Agreements as required.
- Fees which total $5,000 or less: Full payment must be made 14 days after receiving the confirmed Facility Booking Permit or Event Agreement. *If the booking is within 14 days of the first booking, payment is due immediately.
- Fees totaling $5,001 or more: 25% must be paid within 14 days of receiving the Facility Booking Permit or Event Agreement, and the remaining 75% paid 90 days before the first booking. *If the booking is within 90 days of the first booking, full payment is due immediately.
- Event Agreements: the payment schedule will be attached to the Event Agreement and may be different from 1 and 2 above as negotiated with the Kinesiology Operations Manager or Oval Leadership Team.
- Payments can be made by credit card, cheque, cash, debit, or invoice.
- In-person - credit, debit, cheque and cash payments can be made at the Kinesiology Facility Bookings office, and the Olympic Oval Guest Services Desk for Olympic Oval Facility Bookings.
- Credit card payments can be made over the phone at 403-220-8510 Kinesiology bookings or 403-220-2831 Oval bookings.
- Invoice – If the Client requests an invoice our staff will create an invoice and send an email copy of the invoice to the client. The client then pays the invoice through Central Finance.
- Failure to provide payment following the procedure in this Payment Policy or the payment schedule set out in the Event Agreement will result in cancellation of the booking.
By booking a facility, you agree to our rental Terms and Conditions. Please read them prior to booking a facility.