Undergrads can pursue greater depth in a field of study through the honours program.
The Honours program requires high academic performance for admission and once admitted, you must successfully complete KNES 490 (6 units) in the consecutive fall and winter terms.
Benefits of taking the honours program
- Excellent research opportunities and preparation for entering graduate-level programs.
- "With Honours" inscribed on your permanent record and graduation parchment.
- "First Class Honours" inscribed on your permanent record and graduation parchment for a GPA of 3.6 or higher over the last 90 units.
- Must have an interest in research.
- Complete a minimum of 90 units by the term you wish to begin the Honours program.
- Complete a junior STATS course with a minimum grade of C-.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.30 overall and a minimum GPA of 3.30 in all Kinesiology courses completed.
- Secure a supervisor in the Faculty of Kinesiology for mentorship, lab space and equipment. A list of faculty members can be found on the research page.
How to apply
To apply, you will need to fill out an honours application form, and meet with a Kinesiology undergrad advisor.